Saturday, February 28, 2009

All Together Now

Dear Journal,
Maybe this whole nightmare of the past few weeks is finally ending. Although Johnny and Dally are dead, and Sandy is gone, I feel that I'm starting to move on. Dally was going to end up like that someday, whether we like it or not. At least he died when he wanted to. Johnny wasn't ready to die. He was so young and innocent. Sure he killed the soc but only in self-defence. And Sandy, maybe I was out of my mind, expecting her to drop everything and marry me. I mean, I am younger than her and all. Pony and Darry have finally agreed to stop fighting. I finally told them about Sandy, how she left. I also told about how much their fighting really bothers me. Darry and Pony were arguing about school, because Pony's grades have been dropping ever since Johnny and Dally died. Then Darry said something about not stopping living just because you lose someone. That set me off. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've been trying to forget Sandy, it's just really hard. I'm just happy that they've agreed to stop fighting. Our last trying events are going to be the court appearance for Ponyboy about Bob's death. There's no way that he can get in any trouble. He didn't do anything wrong, and the socs are the ones who attacked him and Johnny. After that, we have to go to the juvenile court to see where they will put Ponyboy and I. If I get put in a boys home, it will only be for a year, because I'll turn 18. But Ponyboy will have to be in there for 4 years, and we won't be able to get along without him. It doesn't seem fair that after all the things that we've been through, and now that nobody's fighting anymore. Wish us luck. Sodapop Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment