Monday, February 23, 2009

The Beginning

Dear Journal,
Ponyboy got jumped today. He was walking home by himself again. For all the brains that he kid has, he never uses his common sense. He wasn't even carrying a switchblade. He's lucky that Steve, Darry, Two-Bit and I happened to be walking along that alley and we heard his yells. I can't describe the way that I felt when I saw him just laying there with blood all over his him. Anyway, Darry will have to persuade him to carry a blade with him, he's old enough now. I know that ever since Johnny was attacked he carries one. And it ain't no swiss army knife. Maybe Dally can do it too. I'm so happy that Dally got out of the jug sooner, we can always use him when we get in a rumble with those stupid socs. That Dally can get himself out of anything.Sometimes he can be the worst of us all, but at others he is the best. Tomorrow is a big day foor Steve and me, we're taking Evie and Sandy out on big dates at the movies. Ahhh, how I love Sandy. If I someday marry her I will be the happiest man alive. Well, I better get going, it's Pony's and I's turn to do the dishes, and you know how Darry gets when we post-phone the work. Sodapop Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment