Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Worst 24 Hours Ever

Dear Journal,
The past 24 hours have probably been the worst so far, even worse then when Mom and Dad died. Ponyboy and Johnny have run away, and they were involved with a death of one of the socs. It all started when Pony came back from the drive in, and I came back from the movies with Sandy. Ponyboy was late, real late and Darry wasn't very pleased. They argued and I guess Darry just got really angry. He hit Pony, hard, really hard and then Pony ran off. Then the next morning there's a dead soc in the park and Pony and Johnny are missing and Dally is telling us that Johnny killed the soc and the two of em have run off but he's not tellin where. If Johnny did kill that soc than I'm sure that he just got scared. He always said that if anyone ever jumped him like before again he'd kill them. I guess that he wasn't joking. Darry's feeling real bad too. He thinks that it's his fault that Pony's ran off and is in trouble with the fuzz. I'm sure that Darry loves Ponyboy deep down, he just has his own special way of showing it. Darry works so hard to support us and now this happens. We'll stay togother though, we'll find a way somehow. It would be a sad day if Pony were to actually get in some real trouble, we need each other after what happened to Mom and Dad. With Pony gone, I miss them more than ever. It brings a tear to my eye to remember Dad playing football with us on the front lawn. Anyways, I'm gonna start my letter to Ponyboy cause Dally says that he'll visit them in a few days. Sodapop Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment