Friday, February 27, 2009

More Bad News

Dear Journal,
I got my letter back from Sandy, unopened and no reply. I guess that she really took what her parents said to heart. I can't believe that I've lost her for good. She's the thing that always kept me goin' when Darry and Pony were fightin', and when I had to drop out of school. She's been the one real constant in my life, ever since Mom and Dad died. The big rumble is coming up tonight and maybe I can let off some steam there. Dally's real ticked that he's still gonna be in the hospital when it happens. He really wants to win this rumble. For Johnny. Ponyboy's really distraught over Johnny too. Seeing as Johnny is the youngest next to Ponyboy I think that the two bonded in a way that Pony couldn't with the other members of our gang. Were all really scared about Johnny. Sometimes he used to talk about killing himself because things were so bad in his family, but now he so scared of dying he wishes that he never spoke those words.We really have to win this one for Johnny. We had our usual pre-rumble meal, baked chicken with corn and potatoes. I love fights, there's so much action and excitement. Ponyboy don't like 'em that much though, and he keeps askin' why I love them so much. Pony's lucky that Darry is going to let him fight, Ponyboy doesn't look so good and he lost a lot of weight while he was away. We should be alright though, because Tim Shephard and some of the Brumley gang are going to help us out. May the greasers win! Sodapop Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment