Thursday, February 26, 2009

Things Are Looking Up









Dear Journal,
For the first time in a week and a half, I'm enjoying myself. Pony and Dally are doing fine, and there's so many reports and police at the hospital to talk to them. I've already been caught trying to jack a cops gun. I thought that I was really in for it then but I just smiled one of my biggest smiles and he let me off. I've also had quite a good laugh from nicking a reporters attire and going around pretending to be a journalist. I've asked all the the nurses out at least once and the doctors the most random questions. Dally will be fine in a couple of weeks, just some scarring on his arm. But Johnny isn't getting any better. He's still classified as in critical condition. His back is broken from when the timber fell on him. He has 3rd degree burns and even if he lives he'll be paralyzed below the waist for life. I can't imagine not having Johnny with us. He's always needed us for protection and he's always been our little Johnny. The brother that most of our gang has never had. I still can't believe that Sandy is in Florida with her grandmother. Her parent hit the roof at the idea of us getting married. I don't know what I'll do without her. When the boys go out with girls I'll just feel... lost. I'll never forget the way I stared into those bright blue eyes, and the way that she stared back. The big rumble against the socs is coming up and once we whip them good I'm gonna find the money to get us stoned up and we'll chase them clear to Mexico. I'm so glad that our family is back together.
Sodapop Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment